Talk by Dima Tannir
Dr. Salim Moussa Achi
This presentation explores who Dr. Salim Achi was, and how he lived in the early 1900’s when Ottomans were present in Lebanon all throughout his death. It discusses his childhood, family and career and well as how he adopted the name Dahesh.
Sources & Future References
- www.daheshism.com/Journey%20of%20Life.pdfDaheshism: A spiritual truth Attested by Miracles, Dr. Ghazi Brax, http://daheshism.com/lecture2.pdf
- Interview with Zeina Haddad for Sireh Winfatahet with Zaven Kouyoumjian report:
- Nour-Elsayed, Alia, “The Making of the Dahesh Museum of Art: An Account of its Founding, T
en-Year History, Its Academic Art Collection, and Exhibitions” (2006). Theses. Paper 30.
- “The Lingering Legacy of Doctor Dahesh”, Leah Caldwell, Al-Akhbar English, March 18,2012, link: http://english.al-akhbar.com/node/5327
- “The House of Doctor Dahesh”, Photo blog by Marwan Tahtah, link: http://english.al-akhbar.com/node/5326
If you would like to contact the presenter directly, please email us at afikra and we will connect you!