Join us for another afikra in NYC!
Below is all the information you need for the upcoming event as well as the RSVP form to reserve your spot.
- Speakers: TBA
- Date: TBA
- Location: TBA (link to map)
Bring your favorite drink or snack if possible 🙂
- What is afikra (pronounced ‘3afikra’)? afikra is a monthly salon-style evening in someone’s home where two members of the community present about cultural and historical topics they are curious about. The purpose of each evening is to bring together a community of like-minded individuals and have fruitful conversation about things we don’t know much about.
- What do I have to bring? Bring a beverage and/or snacks to share.
- Can I invite friends? Absolutely. If you want to invite anyone, please have them RSVP so we can keep track of who is coming.
- Can non-Arabs come? Of course! Everyone is welcome!
- What are the topics? Shhhh we always keep them a secret. Come to find out!
- Typically, what kind of topics do people present on? Topics of presentations will vary widely. Some will be high brow, some low brow, some..erm..medium brow. Check out our archive at afkra.com/talks to see examples of past talks.
Find out more about the initiative at www.afikra.com.
For information email: firstname.lastname@example.org or text: +9613 210854