Talk by Nourhan Nassar
Exploring Egyptian theatre: Who was Tawfiq Al-Hakim?
Who was Tawfiq Al-Hakim and how did his work change the face of Arabic theatre, literature and drama?
Sources & Future References
- ‘Tawfiq Al-Hakim: A Reader’s Guide’ By William M. Hutchins
- Tawfik al-Hakim and the Social Responsibility of the Artisthttp://arabstages.org/2015/04/tawfik-al-hakim-and-the-social-responsibility-of-the-artist/
- ‘An epigraph and much effort’ by Taha Hussein http://web.archive.org/web/20100514205826/http://weekly.ahram.org.eg/1998/398/cu2.htm
- ‘Playing with narrative style’ by Naguib Mahfouz http://web.archive.org/web/20100514203718/http://weekly.ahram.org.eg/1998/398/cu4.htm
- Al-Jazeera Documentary: Al-Hakim
- Idealism and Ideology: The Case of Tawfīq al-Ḥakīm
- The Men of the Cave: “Tafsīr, Tragedy and Tawfīq al-Ḥakīm .
- A Passion for Experimentation: The Novels and Plays of Tawfiq al-Hakim
- Tawfīq al-Ḥakīm and the West: A New Assessment of the Relationship
- The Treatment of Greek Drama by Tawfiq al-Hakim
If you would like to contact the presenter directly, please email us at afikra and we will connect you!