Talk by Gabriella Romanos
What is the legacy of French colonial planning in Morocco?
This presentation demonstrates a conversation exploring the roots, reality, consequences, and legacy of French colonial planning in Morocco.
Sources & Future References
- The Arab City: Architecture and Representation, By: Andraos, Amale, Nora Akawi, and Caitlin Blanchfield
- Colonial Modern: Aesthetics of the Past–Rebellions for the Future, By:Avermaete, Tom, Serhat Karakayali, and Marion Von Osten
- From Madina to Metropolis: Heritage and Change in the Near Eastern City, By:Brown, L. Carl
- Le Corbusier, Orientalism, Colonialism
- Construction Starts on the Atkins-designed Masterplan to Transform Morocco’s Capital City, Rabat
- Rabat Retrospective: Colonial Heritage in a Moroccan Urban Laboratory
- The Politics of Design in French Colonial Urbanism, By: Wright, Gwendolyn
If you would like to contact the presenter directly, please email us at afikra and we will connect you!